Kanpur Municipal Corporation
Government of Uttar Pradesh
NeoGeoInfo has done this project for Kanpur Municipal Corporation project entitled “ GIS based Mapping of complete Kanpur city for property tax application and development of a web based application”.
Type of service
GIS based Mapping of complete Kanpur city for property tax application and development of a web based application.
Scope of Work
Survey and Data Creation
- Creation of a GIS-based spatial property database using high resolution satellite imagery geo-referenced control points taken by dual-band GPS (DGPS) survey, and updated by ground trothing (validation). The property boundary layer is then migrated on top of this GIS base map to create homogenous GIS data layers.
- Data Digitization and Geo-database Creation
- Collection of 200 DGPS points
- Geo referencing of the GIS data using DGPS points collected above
- Contact survey of properties in association with Municipal Staff for:
- Creation of Land use base(English + Hindi) of covered /carpet area
- Re- numbering (unique premises umber), of the properties situated-in the KNN boundary.
- Along with other physical inputs required for the planning of the City like Road network, Parks, railway tracks, rivers, electric poles, telephone poles, transformers, substations, drainage systems, sewer lines manholes, hand pumps hospitals, nursing homes, post office, police station, SWM dumping sites and locations, trees, temples, mosques, pumping stations, tube wells, culverts, bridges, graveyard ,HT poles, Overhead Tanks, canals, open drains, water bodies, etc.
Updation and migration of existing Municipal GIS data
- Development of desktop application for property database repository management and tax assessment
- Development of informative and interactive web-GIS system for online property tax calculation and payment
- Furnish a completion report along with 2 copies of final maps on 1:1000 scale ward wise with assessment database and 1 :10,000 scale maps’
- Up gradation and Migration of Existing Municipal GIS application – Application Development / Up gradation for existing desktop GIS application.
- The development activity report submission every two weeks for review by client.
- Implementation conforming to the typical stages of software Development Life cycle including the following – Requirement Analysis, System Design, Application Coding, Testing , Acceptance , Deployment.
This reform became a huge success in Kanpur to create an umbrella effect for covering large number of properties under it. The data shows that:
Increased in Number of properties
- Increase in number of property under tax net after GIS Survey
No. of Assesses before GIS survey
No. of Property assessed after GIS Survey
No. of Assesses added after GIS survey
This shows that, the number of properties increased from 2, 74,205 to 4, and 26,893 which means that after the survey 1, 54,688 properties were added into the tax net. Hence, the new reform is beneficial for both Government and the KMC.
Additional Revenue Generation
Due to the new technique and use of proper survey method with efficient and skilled professionals, the property tax revenue generation increased manifold from Rs. 3349.531 to Rs. 12613.175 lakhs. In fact, there is increase of three times of the collection for KMC from Rs. 3349.531 to 9264.3394 lakhs.
Additional Revenue Generation
Annual Tax Demand Before GIS Survey
Proposed Annual Tax Demand After GIS Survey